Tuesday, September 30, 2008

1 day before hari raya!

What I'm doing for hari raya? I have cooked a rendang... yeah... rendang ayam.. believed or not?

Actually I was assistant cook for my mother in law... she preparing all the ingredient and I only cook it in a large wok..

My wife and her mother also preparing 'ketupat'... but this ketupat in little bit special compare to others... this is because they are using a nipah leave... nipah is palm used for thatching.. So, result will give ketupat a nice aroma and some tone color compare to normal coconut leave..

My wife also preparing beef curry and beef in spicy chilli paste... yummy delicious..

Usually I do a house cleaning on previous years... since my wife nephew is around for that job, so I just make my day busy on kitchen site.


This is the special ketupat that using nipah leave... Note above that after its boiled until cooked, it is need thy in the sun until it is dry... or your ketupat will easily mouldy by next day.


This is chicken rendang that was cooked by me :)


This is beef curry.


My mother in-law busy preparing all the ingridient for me to cook.


My wife try to play seek and hide... She to shy to expose on camera with this kind of dressing :)


Kitchen manager of the day :D

No comments: