Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Guardian of Chicken Pox Patient

Our youngest daughter is getting chicken pox disease since last Sunday... At first, the pox is only show at her neck like was bitten by red ants, but then next on Monday my wife received a message from our nursemaid that our kid is suspected having this disease seems there’s lots of poxes at her body.

Ahhhhh… What a bad news… Me and my wife just recovered from bad fever and now is my daughter turn. I’m sure the nursery won’t accept her for this timing.

My wife not able to take a leave to baby sit our kid as she is start busy with her project implementation and I am a man that won’t keep 2 kids together on their ages. Since my work is change on shift only for this August, it is not a big deal if our eldest kid is sent her nursemaid until her mother came back from her busy day.

Yesterday was a good day for me on the first day. After giving her some Tam-tam (her favorite junk food) and a bottle of Ribenna, she was on dozed. Me, I’m enjoying watching live Olympic telecast on Astro until near at 11 mornings, both my parent came to visit their illness grandchild. Hearing her granny voice, my kids immediately wake up from her sleep to get them. Man, they save my world yesterday.

Today I’m alone with her again. Our eldest kid is with my parent since I’m afraid this pox disease will get to her too. This morning after her mother goes to work, she makes herself easy to handle. I’m asking her if she want a bread or nasi goreng and with her sweet smile she mention “nasi goweeng…”. To make her busy while I’m making our breakfast, I giving her the Disney play channel. My style of nasi goreng cina prepared and served with 2 spoons. The metal spoon is for me and plastic spoon is for her. Using a same plate we eat together. She is enjoying the food and after that she asking herself to have the medicine. I’m sure kids at her ages will hate about all medicine, but not her.

Later, she was asking me for a paper to play a draw. I give my ball pen and few sheets of paper to her to sketch. Boring with it, she brings out her story book that I buy from Carrefour last year and asking me to read it for her. Later she spent her time continue watching cartoon and I continue washing dishes in the kitchen.

About in the afternoon, she was asking for a bottle of Ribenna and I know it is time for her to get sleep. I open a fan in our bedroom and making her drinks. Now she in dozed and will hope that it will be long as I will start my work at 3pm.

My kids on dozed :)

No comments: