Friday, November 21, 2008

Kolek Cafe... Not so tasty as been told.

When I was reading redmummy blog,she does mention about new restaurant at new shop lots at Bandar Seri Permaisuri - Kolek Cafe.

It is few time already I saw this restaurant when I passing by the road in front of this shop lots and said to my wife, we should try this new restaurant.

It was last Monday, when I was working at home and thinking about my lunch. Since it is just near to my house, I take my step just walking to Kolek Cafe.

The interior is quite good for the new Malay restaurant, but when I do step into it, there's no welcome from the waitress even with some smile. I just then take my sits and waiting for somebody taking my order. It is bad, the waitress is busy or just making herself busy and 1 ladies beside their office just step out without looking at me.

If in other restaurant, I will just take my but out from the restaurant, but since redmummy do mention their asam pedas is good so I just wait till they are coming taking my order. It is new 4 minutes, until the ladies come back to her office and notice me alone without any dish on my table. She came with smile and apologies. That is what people should do and my heart automatically cool down and look into the menu card that she bring.

I'm asking for asam pedas ikan merah + plain lemonade. My order then come in 3 minutes and serving is look good. They are using claypot to served the asam pedas + including 1/2 boiled salted egg and raw vege. The smell of asam pedas is really good and my appetite is really opened to have it. The gravy is good for me, only that the fish is tasteless. Even I think it is taste and smell stinking. Well, my opinion for good asam pedas, the fish should feel sour too. How to do it? Instead put your fish on ice in display box, better to have it soak in the tamarind juice, so when you cook it, it won't tasteless and stinking.



I dunno if redmummy is not so good to judge and taste if food is ok or not, or she just look into the interior compare to the food taste.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when i was there, the cafe just launched about a month or less, n when i stepped in, a warm welcome from the owner itself.

ai got a very good service, the food was so marvelous, if the taste is bad, ai will say it loud, no hidden stories.

sorry for your bad experience. there are few of other bloggers went there too after my entry, n they agreed with my statement.